Main Features :
- The ESV Bible (Catholic edition) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible.
- Each word and phrase in the ESV has been carefully weighed against the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, to ensure the fullest accuracy and clarity and to avoid under-translating or overlooking any nuance of the original text.
- With its commitment to literary excellence, the ESV is equally well suited for public reading and preaching, for private reading and reflection, for both academic and devotional study, and for Scripture memorization.
- The footnotes indicate significant alternative readings and occasionally provide an explanation for technical terms or for a difficult reading in the text.
- Imprimatur to this Catholic Edition of the ESV is given by his Eminence Oswald Cardinal Gracias on behalf of the CCBI.